Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Monday 4 March 2013

Golden Jubilee!

My post a few weeks ago about my drawings back when I was a child reminded me  of this photo, taken by our Dad, of my sister (on the left) and me (er, on the right...) on this day, March 5th, 1963- 50 years ago. It was the coldest winter ever- well, in living memory, anyway! The snow started to fall on Boxing Day, and it finally thawed on March 6th- this was the first day I'd been allowed out in weeks! Deprived of running about in the outside, I turned to sitting by the fire indoors with a piece of paper and a pencil! You can see the snow is falling- it fell several times over the months of hard, cold, deep ice- and I do look a little chilly. Look, I'm even wearing TWO hats! Better get back indoors and get drawing again!

No comments: