Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Tuesday 3 May 2011

My Bank Holiday weekend by the Sea

So it turns out that the Big Day Out in Bournemouth had nothing to do with me except I was there! But I got to meet the lovely Richard Briers who got a sneak preview of an upcoming Bash Street Kids due to the printer needing two weeks worth of Beano rather than one, which he was delighted with, and Dave Davies, yes DAVE DAVIES the guitar legend and writer and singer of Death of a Clown and Susannah's Still Alive, two of my favourite hits from the 1960s! Not to mention You Really Got Me, Waterloo Sunset, Lola., who was as nice a guy as it's possible to meet, friendly, generous, thoughtful and kind.  And he's DAVE DAVIES!


So that was my bank Holiday weekend in sunny, sweltering Bournemouth, where I caught up with old pals, made some new ones, [and was glad to do a quick sketch of the lad,  just remember I was having an evening off, so it's not Union Standard quality!] So, after the plaque unveiling (nothing to do with me, just having a nice day out!) where Tony Hancock made his first appearance as a 17 year old comic, we all had a terrific dinner of Roast beef, a rather ticklish and full bodied red wine, and a jolly time.

No comments: