Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Wednesday 3 November 2010

From the Archive

1993 and I'd been drawing 'Baywatch' for 37 weeks (according to the numbers at the bottom of the page!). I would continue to do so for another 26 weeks or so. This was written by Nick Pemberton, who had written for stage and TV (certainly 'Brookside'), and would later write 'Hadrian's Heroes' for me, and drawn (and coloured) by me. At that time I used dip pen, W&N black ink and Pantone pens to colour (the original health-draining ones!) I did my own lettering as well, can't recall anything about how I did it, except it was done on overlay. The title logo took HOURS to get right.

3 comments:

Lew Stringer said...

I've never seen this before. What comic did it appear in Nigel?

NP said...

It was 'Fast Forward', BBC Magazines, 1989-1996. I'll blog about it in more depth another time.

Peter Gray said...

Have to pick up a Flash
Forward mag one day for reference..

Nice seeing your other comic work Nigel..