Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Saturday 23 October 2010

Here's Health

Last summer I was invited to provide this mock Summer Special cover for Men's Health magazine. I was asked to design it just like a typical 1970s cover, which meant doing the hand-lettering, something I like to do. They not only gave me a little write-up (with at least three factual mistakes- ah well, they spelled my name right!) but sent me TWO free copies with a nice thank you note. Oh, and I got paid too! Nice when it all comes together like that.

 As most Comics and cartoon fans would not even know of the existence of such a magazine, let alone buy it, (excepting Mr Phoenix of course, he DID see it!) I thought I'd review part of it here.

1 comment:

Lew Stringer said...

You've captured the spirit of the DCT specials perfectly Nigel. Great logo! Ah, memories of buying summer specials from Blackpool prom...