Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Friday 22 October 2010

Colourist 2

Julie (right) has often done some colouring for me over the years (see if you can spot her big bold 'J' on some of my pages. Go on, I'll wait.) Anyway, she's also a very talented cartoonist who specializes in what one might call the Hanna-Barbera school of thought. Together we've worked on projects like Tiny Toons, Grange Hill, Scouse Mouse, Budgie Malone and Owl Capone, Baywatch, etc etc, all the way back to The Shed in 1988.



This strip was sort-of written by me and Julie together for the Scouse Mouse comic, and drawn by her in her usual fluent, funny way. Come on, Julie, let's have some more someday!

2 comments:

Kid said...

Who coloured your DENNIS pumpkin head, NP? Was that your own colouring job or someone else's? And if it wasn't yours, do you colour any of your own stuff for DCT?

NP said...

That was by me. I do a fair amount, especially when the illustration requires a special atmosphere that I have in mind.